Monday, July 10, 2006

Keeping the Moon

I finished Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen last week. I loved it! Kaati I think you would love this one as well. Especially since you liked This Lullaby and are living somewhere else for the summer.

Colie (short for Nicole, I think this a really creative nickname for Nicole) used to be overweight along with her mom who started doing aerobics and is not a Richard Simmons type selling work out videos and being healthy. Colie lost a lot of weight, but still feels like an outsider. She is spending the summer with her aunt who is overweight and a little on the wierd side while her mother tours Europe to promote a new video or book or something. I loved Colie's voice and perspective on life.

Has anyone else read this one? I read it while on a short vacation to Niagara Falls, NY and Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. It was so good I couldn't put it down and my husband didn't understand why I wanted to finish it while sitting at our campsite enjoying a fire (he thought I should be talking to him).

1 comment:

*kaati* said...

heehee, i like your campfire experience... pretty sure i've had many times like that with my family!!

i'm really excited to read more books by Sarah Dessen, but I haven't had time to get to the library yet and it's driving me crazy!! but i'll let you know how i like "Keeping the Moon"!!