Saturday, July 08, 2006

i haven't read much!!

well, i've been in kentucky since the 28th, but i haven't made it to the great madisonville library yet.... i did manage to go to the onalaska library sometime in june. they didn't have any of our reading list books!! i was shocked!! they truly do have a small selection! on a better note, i did get to go to a barnes and noble in evansville, id (the BEST b&n i've ever been in.... two stories, a seperate music shop, a starbucks, escalators, lots and lots of comfy chairs.... i was in heaven!!! lol). there i got This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I read This Lullaby the other night and I really like it!! I'm positive it's the first book I've ever read about that specific age group (just graduated high school-20). And of course, I just love "love" stories, but the fact that the main girl Remy pretended she didn't believe in love at all made it better... she was so stubborn about her beliefs. And the deal with her mother and marriage, yet her mother still had a positive attitude towards love. I just really wanted to hit Remy and knock some sense into her by the end of the book!! Of course, the main male character, Dexter, had my heart the entire book! He was perfect (in my mind!). If anyone else had read this book yet, let me know!!

I started Pride and Prejudice yesterday. I'm only on chapter 5, so I think I'll go sit out in the gorgeous weather! I'll probably be done with this book before I check the blog again, so if you wanna talk about this one too, it's fine by me!!! :-)

Adios! Kaati

1 comment:

Becky said...

Kaati or anyone else!
You should try I am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak (I think that is how you spell his name). It is about that same age group. I would love to hear what you think of that one, Mrs. Foster and I are considering it for book club in October.