Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What is you favorite Westerfeld?

What is your favorite book by Scott Westerfeld? Why?

I had always really liked Uglies, but after reading both of the books in the Peeps series I think I might have a three way tie. I really like Westerfeld's ideas about vampires. It is actually a disease. I liked the way he brought a lot of information about parasites into Peeps. In a weird way, Peeps seemed a little bit more believable to me (ok I know that might sound like a stretch).

I haven't read the Midnighters Series, yet and was hoping to this summer, but I decided to take a Online course this summer about young adult lit. You guys better watch out--I am reading a lot of great stuff and getting some good ideas! Speaking of which if you need something to read, I would highly recommend Sold by Patricia McCormick--it didn't make me cry but it was pretty close. Sold has short, poetic chapters that make you keep reading and wanting to know more. Sold tells the story of a young Nepali girl who is sold by her family (knowingly or unknowingly, I'm not sure) into the sex trade in India. I will definitely be looking at it for book club next year and if you are in forensics I think there is some great material there as well.

Happy reading!!

No comments: