Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows--Have you...

...finished it yet? I am about 1/3 of the way through it and realized I needed to do some homework for my class and came across this article which I thought some of you might enjoy. Jim Dale is the narrator for the Harry Potter Series on audio. I have listened to the first five on audio, Dale does a wonderful job with the voices of all the characters and I always wondered how audiobook narrators kept track of the different voices (I can barely keep track of two characters voices when I am reading picture books to my nieces and nephews!). The New York Times published this article last week: "The Voice of Harry Potter Can Keep a Secret".

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I finished it this evening, about 24 hours after I got the book. I only read about 200-300 pages the first day, and then finished it today. By the middle it had me hooked, and I love what the Deathly Hallows are.

Interesting article!

Becky said...

I finished yesterday. I definitely was hooked, but I kind of read slow so because I didn't want it to end.