Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Library Thing

A few book clubs ago we read Looking for Alaska by John Green, and since then we've had a hay-day with the whole "in-your(my)-pants" phrase and his & Hank's video blog.

Also, I know several of us here are on Library Thing, and lo and behold the most recent video blog of John's talks about Library Thing. So if you know what Library Thing is, and haven't been watching the Brotherhood 2.0 blogs you should check this out--I'm sure you'll be able to relate to it. And if you don't know what Library Thing is you should still watch it because it will make you laugh (and really not want to eat horshradish).

/random.

And on to books! I'm 90ish pages into Are We There Yet? and have to say I really am not liking this book. Bleugh.

For my British Literature course at UWL though we have to read Sense & Sensibility which I'm pretty excited for. The public library doesn't open for another 7 minutes though so I haven't checked mine out yet. Hopefully I'll like it, I've been wanting to read something by Jane Austen.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Have you finished Are We There Yet? yet? Do you still think it was bad?

I didn't like the style or the choppy chapters, but I really liked the themes and the idea of parents really working to enhance their kids relationships especially through a trip to Italy. Maybe that is why I liked it...I love Italy! I can't wait to discuss this next week, until then you all can continue the discussion here.

Danielle said...

Bleugh, I finished it and don't really care for it still. Silly you how can you say you like the parents, they're pratically not in the book :P They're merely a device to get the boys together and that's it.

Bel said...

i agree on the idea that the style sucks but i like the story. i wish my mom would plan a random trip to italy for me. yeah right.