Friday, February 02, 2007

John Green...

...is a fantastic author. For sure :) I haven't been so taken by an author since Twilight last April (though in a completely different way--no offence Miles, but Edward is 100x better :P). Anyways, Looking for Alaska was FANTASTIC. I know a lot of people had issues reading it because it was kind of hard to relate to at the beginning (I did too, but I blamed that on having just finished Eldest...Alabama is just slightly a different setting). I don't know what it was about the book that has me so obsessed, but it's really good.

There are a lot of thought provoking events in it, and a lot of hilarious ones. A definate must read, in my opinion :D (I would sort of classify it with The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Donnie Darko, etc..., and I'm not even quite sure why because they're definately different but there's something about it that is similar).

Currently I am three chapters into An Abundance of Katherines, also by John Green. I didn't want to start it right after finishing Looking for Alaska due to the, event, that occurs during the book (the entire thing is dated a x many days before/after the event) but now a week or so later I'm loving it. John Green is definately an author that if I ever see a new book by him I won't hesitate to buy a copy ^^

No comments: