Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer Reading

What are you reading this summer?
I am about 3/4 the way through A Thousand Splendid Suns. It is an amazing book. I have cried and I have smiled--there is a touch of romance and is all about life in Afghanistan from a woman's perspective starting in the 1970s. It is by the same author as The Kite Runner--Khaled Hosseini. If you haven't read The Kite Runner it is a thought provoking must read much like A Thousand Splendid Suns. I would highly recommend either books.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Latest thing I've read was Feed, which was good once I got past how it was written. I didn't like the end relationship though D:

Becky said...

I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns--it didn't disappoint. I love this authors writing style and I can't wait to hear him speak next week!!

Megan said...

Right now I'm 2/3 away through Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman It's funny and good. I'm also reading The Alchemist and this summer I've read Halo: the Fall of Reach, The Golden Compass (which was really cool), Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs, Vampire Kisses 3, and Epoch by Timonthy Carter (which sucked!)