Thursday, March 06, 2008

Blog For Books, Win Fabulous Prizes--

Hi everybody,

Since we'd like to see you use the blog more often, both for book club and for your own use relating to discussion of books you enjoy and would recommend to others, we're going to try out a new promotion here on the HHS Reads blog.

Many of you already participate in our monthly Reading Incentive drawing for the prizes found in our back room, including Barnes and Noble gift certificates, books, t-shirts, and other swag. For every three posts and/or comments you make to the HHS Reads blog, you will receive a stamp to your card, the same as if you had read 100 pages. A little regular participation in talking about the same books you read could net you twice as many opportunities to win in the drawing!

Speaking of neat prizes, consider taking a look at
the TeenReadsToo Contests Page for March -- they're giving away over 100 different prizes this month! Included in this giveaway are fifteen (!) copies of Sarah Dessen's newest, Lock and Key, as well as other great authors such as Carrie Jones and Edward Bloor. To enter, send ONE email to their contest email address found on their webpage, and be entered in their drawings for ALL their prizes -- how easy is that?

As proof that contests online for books can get you some amazing opportunities, I present the contest for
Jim C. Hines's Goblin Quest Trilogy held by the author and DAW Fantasy Books recently -- my entry on behalf of Holmen High was selected, and Jim is sending us a signed set of his trilogy for the library!

5 comments:

Haley said...

I hope that I win. I will make sure that I let you all know if I get lucky.

nathan jr said...

i hoope i win becausei am better.

Mars Hage said...

To be fair, there's a hundred books being given away - there's the possibility you both could win.

Anonymous said...

who doesn't want to win? books are a persons best friend.

Haley said...

But I dont want both of us to win. Only me. I am just joking we can both win and I will be fine with it.