Monday, February 25, 2008

Library Events for March

Just a few notes and updates from the library --

March 3-7 is Teen Tech Week! To celebrate, watch for our display to go up in the Circle of Life this week, and please consider attending our event on Tuesday, March 4 -- the blogstravaganza, our afterschool exploration of blogs and their uses. This will be held by Ms. Foster in the 129 Lab.

Also the first week in March, Read it 1st is watching and reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven. The movie will be shown at 4pm on Thursday, March 6th, and discussion will take place during all three lunches on March 7th. You can find the reading guide
here.

Our next HHS Reads book is Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. Teenage Liz is hit by a car and passes on, only to discover that being dead is all about getting a life. You can find the reading guide for Elsewhere here.

Pick up your copy of either of these books in the LMC today!

8 comments:

Haley said...

The Five People You Meet in Heaven, was a wonderful book I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see the movie.
Elsewhere, I was not able to get into I did not really enjoy it very much and Nate O. didn't like it also.

Haley said...

I didn't know that we were having a blogstravaganza or i would have tried to come. I found out on the day that it was happening and was not able to attend.

Mars Hage said...

Mrs. Foster and I were commenting that next time we hold something on blogs, we'll aim for a Homeroom time when there aren't big events, so more people can attend.

As for Elsewhere, I know I've stated my problems with it, but for all I have some complaints with the author's technique, I still think it was a worthwhile book. Five People is much more effectively written for what it is.

Haley said...

I'm glad t5hat you are going to do it on a homeroom day because I am not good with technology and I really hope to be able to get better and use more technology.

nathan jr said...

five people you meet people in heaven is a very good book! i loved it.

nathan jr said...

elsewhere stinks!!

Haley said...

You should try to be more positive. It was not a book that we enjoyed, but you don't have to insult the poor book just because it was not your cup of tea, or anyone elses apparently.

Mars Hage said...

What's funny is that Elsewhere didn't seem to lose most of its readers up until the point where most of Liz's conflict went away and everything that was going to happen became an exercise in the obvious rather than holding some suspense. At least, that's MHO.