Friday, September 21, 2007

New Book(s)!

I'd vote in the poll, but I don't think my opinion should matter for it, being as I won't be around for the discussion D: But! I've been reading, and I figured I'd share my opinions on a few new reads with everyone :D

Girl Overboard, by Justina Chen Headley
I actually read this novel as part of a new bookclub, and really enjoyed it. They talk a lot about manga in it, which is awesome, and is just a really cute book. I could easily see it as being a book club book for you guys at some point, so Bee, check it out!

Tithe series, by Holly Black
I'm calling it a series, though I honestly don't know if it is. So far there are 3 books: Tithe (about Kaye), Valiant (about Val), and Ironside (about Kaye again, but Val is a minor character). I really enjoyed them, and read them much too fast--I'll definately be going back and re-reading them at some point soon. They're about faeries, but if you liked Twilight, you'll probably like these :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I would call Tithe a series...Lots of people like those books here too, it is good to know it is similar in style to Twilight.

How are you finding time to read fun books!?!? How is school going?

Danielle said...

lol, well I read the Tithe series (and Eclipse) during August, so I had plenty of time then. I just finished Girl Overboard this morning, and have been reading it on/off over the past week or so, but that's the only fun thing I've read since school started.

And I'm doing pretty good, I like my classes and yeah, everything's just going well :)