Sunday, August 12, 2007

More Stephenie Meyer/Twilight series things.

Several of us from HHS were at the Eclipse signing with Stephenie Meyer last Friday, and I have to say, it was AWESOME. I knew that Elizabeth, her publicist, knew who I was, but I was pleasently surprised when Stephenie and Elizabeth both started to holler my name to get my attention and wave in between the Q&A and the book signings :P I already commented on this to the people that were at the book signing, but they could have had it set up a lot better. 20-30 chairs for 500+ people will give you an idea how prepared they weren't. Regardless, Stephenie was funny (as always) and it was a really fun night.

Over the past few days I've read several articles about her and/or Eclipse, which I'll link below, along with an excerpt of my favorite:

"Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too."

-- New York Times book review
-- Wall Street Journal: After Harry Potter
-- Wall Street Journal article
-- Deseret Morning News: a Utah newspaper

Happy reading!

No comments: