Thursday, April 05, 2007

Authors

So, if anyone's curious as to how authors write, etc... in his latest video blog John has filmed himself with several other authors (including Scott Westerfield; I haven't read anything by the other authors). It's not his typical hilarious video, but it is interesting to see what authors do while they write :)

Also, if you're a Twilight/Stephenie Meyer fan: READ MY LAST ENTRY. It really would be nice to know so I can figure something out about it.

Bee, hopefully you're having a nice vacation!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I finally got a chance to catch up on my Brotherhood 2.0 watching. I find it so interesting how they work. I also find it interesting that the authors get together and bounce ideas off of each other. Of the two authors I am most familiar with--John Green and Scott Westerfeld--they writing is so different from one another.

Their process is so different from another author I am very familiar with--Jodi Picoult. She writes every day just like a regular job and is usually alone. She says that some days what she writes will never be seen by anyone else, but she feels it is very important to write something because it can always be revised, but if it isn't written it can never be revised.

I don't think I could ever be an author because I always feel so self-conscious of what I write. Even now, I read and re-read what I've written and I am still not sure I want to publish it. Questions are always racing through my mind. Do I sound stupid? Do I sound intelligent? Is anyone really going to read this comment?

Danielle said...

I read it! :D I bet every author has feelings like that, so you're not alone!