Monday, June 28, 2004

I agree the Bennett (this is the right spelling, I looked it up) family seems to be a bit disfunctional. If I had a mother like Mrs. Bennett I don't think I could have handled it. She stuck her nose in everyone elses business, didn't think about what she said or did and how it would affect her daughters. I felt that Elizabeth and her oldest sister were the most normal.

I am not sure that I would have liked living during that time period, I have to admit the balls and socializing would have been a blast, however, as a woman you couldn't really do as you choosed only as your husband or family chose. How would you feel about this? Would you want to stay at home and just have to entertain? What if you were part of a lower class and had to actually work?

The narrator for the book I listened to is Nadia May.

Are Chelsey and I the only ones reading this???

At the moment I have moved on to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone . I have never listened to it on audion before, but I am enjoying it a great deal. The narrator is OK, but of course the story is still good.

Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am just testing a different feature. I thought this might allow for a more organized method on discussing a particular statement. What do you guys thing???