Friday, February 27, 2004

Hey everybody...I'm Suchita. I kinda liked Born Confused and then I kinda didn't. I really liked the entire situation that the author created, with the whole Dimple/Karsh/Gwyn thing, and also the being confused about being Indian part (I can relate a lot to that). I know the author was trying to show Dimple learning from everything and being exposed to everything new, but I really didn't think that the author had to include every possible thing that could be "a learning experience" and create every character with some kind of issue...I felt like that part was a little overdone. Other than that, I thought it was good overall... I couldn't put it down! And I liked the characterization of Gywn because I know I have friends like her, that no matter what, I always feel like they're showing me up or something like that. And like Dimple, I'm always worried about what others would say or how others view me. But I was really glad that she found a way to express herself and be her, through her photography. I guess I'll save more comments for later...

No comments: